Can you believe its only 87 more days until CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!! It’s my favourite time of year and also my busiest time of year with chocolate biscuit puddings, fruit cakes, etc and I am so excited. Today I was asked by my younger sister what I would like for Christmas (she’s crazy, already on the prowl for gifts) and it got me thinking……….What would I like?!?! Hmmmm so I got googling and I came across some amazing gifts that would suit any caker, especially if they’re as cake mad as I am.
Here’s what I found……
- These are definitely my Number 1 gift. I absolutely adore shoes, what girl doesn’t. Being a cake decorator means I work most weekends, especially those late Friday and Saturday nights, icing cakes, decorating, screaming, crying, you’ll know what I’m taking about if you’re a caker, so to get to my point- I have lots of beautiful shoes THAT I NEVER GET TO WEAR, but, can you picture me decorating cakes in these babies? Yes, they are high heels decorated as icecream, don’t they just make you want to eat that cherry right off? It would make it all seem so much more worthwhile if I had these. They are made by the fabulous and innovative guys at Shoe Bakery!!!! Check them out they have amazing stuff on there. Which brings me to my Number 2.
- And while we’re on their fabulous site, why not get a matching bag? I mean it would be rude not to don’t you think?!?!?!?!? This Limited Edition White Sprinkle Bowler Bag is totally fashionable, even for non-cakers. It’s a must have for me.
3. And look what else I’ve found which is also matching…..Yes, its an Icecream Cone Phone Cover from the incredibly clever guys over on Iced Jems. How cute is this? Would I use this? Hell yeah, its totally awesome. It may not be the right time of year to sport this phone cover, but who cares? A girl can dream, or so they say!
4. My next gift worthy of my top 5 are these super cute keyrings from Laduree. I completely and utterly love French Macarons, they come in such a vast range of flavours I love love love to make them. They can be quite tricky to make, of course, they tend to drive people to near insanity trying to perfect these temperamental little treats, but when you have them mastered, you will acquire a deep affection for them just as I have. You can read my blog and tutorial on Macarons here.
5. And so this brings me to my last, but not least gift number 5….
I get such a thrill from trying new recipes, and one day would love to write my own Cake Book. This would be absolutely perfect for anyone who like me, loves to bake and try out new recipes and also come up with your own. So what better way than to keep record of them in this cute little recipe book, and who knows, maybe one day publish your very own!! It can be bought here from Paperchase online.
So there you have it. My top 5 gifts for a caker, baker, or basically anyone who swoons over sugar and spice and all things nice!! For my sister, husband, friends, if ever you get a burning desire to buy me a gift……be sure to check off my list first.
Jen ♥ xx